DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Who are we? We, Scotts Fuels, are the data controller (contact details below). This means that we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
2. What personal data do we collect? The information we may collect from you includes: · Contact information such as name, postal address, email and telephone or mobile number. · Business information such as business name, company number, VAT number, job title etc as required for trading purposes. · Bank account details if provided by you for direct debit processing.
3. How do we process your personal data? We comply with our obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: - · To enable us to provide a service for delivery of fuel, lubricants or other products and services. · To enable us to provide relevant documentation or information relating to the product or services we provide you with. · To maintain our own accounts and records for our customers to comply with all relevant HMRC, RDCO other regulations and information they may require for their own purposes. · To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at or run by us.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data? Is dependent upon the data subject (individual) and the purpose of the data processing. For example: the data processing for an employee in terms of what data is collected and how it is further processed is different from that of a customer. Legal bases we rely on will primarily consist of one or more of the following: · Processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party except where such interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of the data subject. This is where we need to use your data to engage in our normal day to day activities e.g. keeping a record of customer details to enable business services to be provided. · Explicit consent of the data subject. An example of this would be your consent to joining a mailing list so that we can keep you informed about prices, news, events, activities and services including competitions et cetera. · Processing is necessary for us to comply with the law. Examples of this could be our legal obligations to maintain certain records so that we may carry out our obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement
5. Sharing your personal data Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other third parties which are in our, or third-party legitimate interests: · Required by law to respond to requests by government or law enforcement authorities for prevention of crime or fraud. · Legal and other professional advisers, consultants who comply with the data privacy regulations.
6. How long do we keep your personal data? This can vary, we retain customers data to provide a service to the customer and to keep records as appropriate within the scope of our business and information required to be held by HMRC under RDCO regulations and other information as required to be kept.
7. Your rights and your personal data Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: - · The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you; · The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date; · The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data; · The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time · The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller · The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing; · The right to object to the processing of personal data. · The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact Data Protection Lead at Scotts Fuels, 51 Curr Rd, Beragh, Co Tyrone. BT79 0UW. 028 8225 3100 Dependant on your Supervisory Authority: You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF
You can contact the Data Protection Commissioner (Ireland) on +353 (0761) 104 800; via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: The Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23
Website privacy and security information
Scotts Fuels values your privacy and takes great care to protect any information you provide us with. You can read below for more details on how we use information you give us.
Scotts Fuels operate this website. If you wish to get in touch, you can contact email us email@example.com or go to our contact page on the website for telephone number, fax or postal address.
Information we receive from customers aids us as we strive to improve the service we offer customers. We use the information to help us provide quotations, process orders and deliveries, process payments and communicate with you in relation to your orders, your account with us, services and promotional material.
Information may also be used to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and to carry out technical, logistical or other functions to improve the service. We only ask for personal information if it is required to provide the service. We will only use this information to satisfy the purposes for which it was collected. We will tell you what information we have recorded about you.
If you would like any personal information changed or removed, please do not hesitate to contact us and request the changes you require.
We only record your email address if you give us your email address, email us, or create facilities to order/view your account online.
Information we collect When you visit our Web site, our Web server automatically records some general information about your visit, but does not recognise or record any individual information about you. We cannot identify you personally unless you give us personal information voluntarily. In addition to any information you submit to us, whether online or by post, for system administration and to understand your browsing actions, we may collect:
Your server address, the date and time, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited and the type of browser used.
If you wish to learn more about cookies go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How information is used
Any personal details you provide us with will only be used to contact you or to satisfy the purpose for which it was collected. We use statistical information to improve the content of our website and analyse what pages people visit.
If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check back at our website periodically.
Our payment services are provided by Global Payments. When you enter your payment details on our website you are actually providing them direct to Global Payments, and Scotts Fuels never have access to your card number. This ensures the highest level of payment security for you. All Scotts Fuels online transactions involving card payments are protected for your security using 256-bit SSL encryption. This means that the information you enter into your browser is scrambled before being sent over the internet, and it will be useless to anyone intercepting it.
You can check that you are shopping in a secure environment by looking for the padlock icon in your internet browser. In addition, website pages protected using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption always begin with “https” rather than “http”. Check this in the address bar near the top of your screen.
Proof of PCI compliance is required of all merchants who accept credit cards. Global Payments / Scotts Fuels is tested frequently to ensure that high security standards are maintained.